Anti-money laundering policy!
Money laundering is the act of transforming money or other monetary instruments derived from some illegal activity into money or investments that appear to be legitimate, so that their illegal source cannot be traced.
Procedures and methods
The purpose of the series of anti-money laundering measures and procedures that ru-change.cc uses to verify such transactions is to ensure that customers using the services of ru-change.cc are equally identified by a single standard. This minimizes both your own risks and the risks of law-abiding clients to be involved in the illegal actions of third parties. ru-change.cc positions itself as a service that helps international organizations in the fight against money laundering.
To minimize the risks associated with money laundering and terrorist financing, we strictly do not accept or send payments to third (i.e. unidentified) parties. Each client, to which their own account is assigned, has the right to send or receive payments using only their own accounts, whether they are accounts in electronic payment systems, bank accounts, credit / debit cards. We reserve the right to refuse to process transactions at any stage if it is suspected that the transaction is in any way related to money laundering or criminal activity.
Adhering to the KYC policy “Know your customer”, service employees have the right to verify the client in the systеm. In this case, the client must provide two documents.
The first document is a state identification document with a mandatory photo of the client. This can be an internal or international travel passport, driver’s license or local ID (except corporate access cards).
The second document that we can request is an invoice with the full name of the client and the actual address on it, not older than 3 months. This can be a utility bill, a bank statement for an arbitrary period, or any other document that indicates the full name of the client, the address of residence that he indicated in the account profile.
After verification, the account status is automatically upgraded, and the client gets the opportunity to use all the functions of the systеm.
To prevent compromise of the client’s sensitive data, documents and information are uploaded through a special interface in the client’s account using a secure HTTPS protocol.
The obligations of the service operator to comply with the Anti-Money Laundering and Anti-Money Laundering policy:
storage of the history of the client’s operations for three years;
tracking and verification of suspicious transactions;
providing information about the client and his transactions to law enforcement agencies upon the appropriate official request;
suspension of a suspicious transaction until the circumstances are clarified and the return of suspicious funds to the account of the source of funds;
refusal to perform a suspicious transaction.
The KYT (Know Your Transaction) policy aims to identify the client of a transaction in the event of a precedent where the Service has reasonable suspicion that the Client is using ru-change.cc for other purposes.
Such a precedent may arise if the Service suspects the Client of illegal actions that can be qualified as laundering or attempted laundering of illegally obtained digital assets or the funds are of overtly criminal origin. For these purposes, the Service has the right to use any legal information, third-party tools for analyzing the origin of digital assets, as well as its own developments of the screening systеm.
In this case, the ru-change.cc Service reserves the full right to:
– Require the Client to provide additional information disclosing the origin of digital assets and / or confirmation that these assets were not obtained by criminal means;
– Block the account and any operations related to the client, transfer to the financial control and / or law enforcement agencies at the place of registration of the Service and, if necessary, at the address of the registration of the Client, all information and documents available on the incident;
– Require from the Client documents confirming the identity, physical existence, address of registration, solvency;
– Return digital assets only to the details from which the transfer was made or switch to other details, after a full check by the Service’s security service, if it was possible to verify the legal origin of the Client’s funds;
– Refuse the Client to withdraw funds to the account of third parties without explanation;
– Hold the client’s funds until the incident is fully investigated;
– The Service reserves the right to monitor the entire chain of transactions in order to identify suspicious transactions;
– The Service reserves the right to refuse to provide the Service to the Client if the Service has reasonable suspicions of the legitimacy of the origin of digital assets and to withhold funds on special accounts of the Service;
– The Service reserves the right to refuse to provide the Service to the Client if the Service has reasonable suspicions of the legitimacy of the origin of digital assets and to hold funds on special accounts of the Service if it is impossible to trace the entire chain of movement of digital assets from the moment they appear;
– The Service reserves the right not to disclose information about the methods and results of the verification.